Topic: Daniel’s Final Vision
Speaker: Dr. Eric White
Service: Midweek Bible Study
Date: April 14, 2021
Daniel’s fourth and final vision concludes the book of Daniel. The vision occurs during the reign of Cyrus, and thus Daniel is well over eighty years of age. He was mourning, fasting, and presumably praying for three weeks because of the vision. The fourth vision is similar to the second vision recorded in chapter 8, and it provides new details about the end times.
Chapter 10: Angelic Conflict
Chapter 10 gives the context of the interpretation of the vision which begins in 11:2.. Daniel 10 describes spirit beings unlike any other book in the Bible.
- Spirit beings appear as men to humans, and they are glorious.
- They are able to touch people.
- They bring messages from God to men.
- They experience conflict in the spiritual realm.
- They hold power over physical, geographical locations.
- They abide in time and space.
Chapter 11: Antiochus and Antichrist
Chapter 11 reveals further detail about historical events during the Medo-Persian, Greek, Egyptian, and Syrian empires. Similar to Daniel 8, chapter 11 concludes with a discussion of the final ruler of the revived Roman Empire.
- Prophecies concerning Persia – 11:2
- Prophecies concerning Greece – 11:3-4
- Prophecies concerning Egypt (South) and Syria (North) – 11:5-20